TRR #50 & DS96

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Good morning, y'all!  It's a gloomy, rainy day in our neck of the woods; but on the bright side, the grass is finally turning green again, and bits of my gardens are beginning to prove they made it through our snowy winter.  I just love the excitement of spring!  Well, I've got a girly, little creation to share, with all you card makers, today.  So, let's get right to it.  Enjoy!
I started this card by trimming the center of a piece of aqua, floral, patterned paper with a strip of bright pink, text, patterned paper and stamped a row of coffee beans, in Chocolate Chip ink, to either side of the center strip.  I then framed the created piece with Pink Pirouette cardstock and machine stitched, with white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches, around their combined edge and to either side of that center, patterned, paper strip.  A length of pink ribbon was then wrapped around the prepped piece's horizontal center; tied, in a bow, near its left edge; and embellished with a lace bow; an aqua, ribbon bow; an aqua button, laced with a hemp twine bow; and a bright pink, heart, trinket pin.
I then stamped a kraft envelope, in Jet Black ink, with the "THERE'S nothing CAFFEINE CAN'T FIX!" sentiment, as well the steam; in Melon Mambo ink, with the coffee cup; and, in White ink, with the rows of hearts.  The "Perk Up!" sentiment was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a strip of vellum and stapled to the kraft envelope, just before it was adhered, just to the right of the embellished bow.  I'll use that little pocket to tuck in a Starbucks gift card for a friend, but my hubby loaned me his Homer's punch card, just so you all could get the idea.  LOVE these little envelopes!
A couple of stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, on Oatmeal cardstock and hand cut out coffee beans, prep the piece for the Oatmeal, cardstock, card face, to which it was adhered with foam tape, and complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from The Ribbon Reel's Challenge #50: Mix & Match and Deconstructing Jen's Deconstructed Sketch No. 96.
I trust you all have had a good start to your weeks.  We've gotten off to a bit of a rough start, but I've got high hopes that things will be looking up soon.  There's no way they can't with this beautiful girl around.  She has such a contagious laugh and always says the funniest things.  Last night, we were watching television, but it was almost bedtime.  So, I asked her to run go potty on the commercial.  She gave me the weirdest look and said, "I can't go potty on the t.v."  LOL!  I guess I wasn't being very clear ;).
Oh!  And look what we found this weekend.  She was just lying there, struggling to breathe.  I had my hubby search high and low for the bunny nest she may have come from but to no avail.  She appeared to have a few abrasions on her head and leg and couldn't have been more than a few days old.  We brought her in and put her under a lamp to try to warm her up.  Within a few minutes, she started turning pink again; but within 30 minutes, she had died.  Poor thing!  Ezekiel wouldn't even let Adina name her, because he said that would make it even more sad, if she did die.  LOVE his tender heart!
Sigh.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed Tuesday!
 
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Background Builders: Hearts (Wplus9); Daily Grind (Market Street Stamps) Paper: Oatmeal (Wplus9); Pink Pirouette (SU); aqua floral (Crate Paper); pink text (Jillibean Soup); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: White (Wplus9); Chocolate Chip & Melon Mambo (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Jet Black (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); kraft envelope (Canvas Corp.); aqua ribbon, lace, & button (SU); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); pink ribbon (Hobby Lobby); bright pink heart trinket pin (My Mind's Eye); staples & stapler (office supply store)

23 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card. I hope that things get better soon for you guys! Your children are so sweet, I love that Ezekiel was looking out for Adina like that! What tender hearts they have!

Linda R said...

What a pretty card. I love how it hold the gift card. I love hearing stories of your kids. Reminds me of when mine daughter was young.



Hugs~

Annette said...

aww how sad that it dies.. Adina is just so sweet..

Your card is gorgeous.. I love how you pair colors and stamps together.. always so inspiring... I love this..

Lynn said...

Oh my. This is a gorgeous card and your Adina. Her smile melts my heart.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jinny love this gift card card! You are a master at layers. Sweet words and moments with your children.

Charlene said...

Awwww that is so sad...he died :-( you gave it a great try though! I love your card and the sentiment is so perfect for me lol!!

blsd2scrp said...

I love this card! your details are lovely! I wish I could make cards...but I am truly horrible at it!! I've tried but just can't! :) you have inspired me and may give it a go one more time!!

Lisa said...

How CAAAute!!! I love the little kraft pocket with the beans Jinny and of course you delish bow.

Adina makes me smile every time I see a picture of her, bless her little heart! And my goodness how SAD the sweet baby bunny didn't survive. Ezekiel is an awesome big brother to look out for his little sis that way, I could just squeeze him ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such a beautiful card! LOVING the little bag and the beans!! And so sorry that he passed away :(

Ashley Horton said...

Such a beautiful card Jenny!! Love all of the layering and the pocket on the front! The sentiment looks great on the vellum! And so sad to hear about the poor little bunny!

~amy~ said...

Love your java inspired card! delish layers of goodness!

Sooo sad to hear about the baby bunny.....we have a ton of bunnies in our neighborhood and I love them.

Tracy said...

Those little coffee beans are too cute! LOL Any coffee drinker would love to receive this. :-) So sorry about the poor bunny. Hugs!

Meihsia Liu said...

LOL... potty on TV.. she is so cute.. Love your story
but sorry about the poor bunny.
Your card is just gorgeous, Jinny. ^_^

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your daughter is so beautiful. I am very sorry that the poor bunny passed away, but you were wonderful to try to save him. My heart goes out to you. And I want to tell you how much I love your amazing and fun card! I agree - there's nothing caffeine cant' fix on some mornings!!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

I love your beautiful card ... always so detailed ... and whilst I laughed at your little one's comment ... I also cried for the bunny ... At least it died with love ...

Angi Barrs said...

Love your sweet card. That gift card pocket is fabulous. Sooo sorry to hear about your little bunny!

Jennifer said...

Kids are hilarious and so precious! What a sweetheart E is for protecting his little sister. Poor bunny...

Very sweet card! Love the soft spring colors with the kraft.

Alexander said...

Wow!
A great greeting card!
Good luck to the challenge!

If you want ... Please can you on my blog and to become a Member? ....I'd be honored

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jinny, I love the layers and the pretty papers and embellies!
Thanks for joining us at TRR this week!

Jeanne J said...

Gorgeous card Jinny - I think you can do anything! Your work is always clean and so beautiful - love the stitching and of course the bow and trims! Sorry about your new little friend - you did your best to comfort him.

Michelle said...

This is so lovely, Jinny! The gathered trimmings are wonderful! Love the pretty layers too! Thanks for joining TRR!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Jinny. Love the pocket and the fabulous ribbon treatment! Great design.
Oh... kids and their tender hearts!

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous, Jinny! congrats on winning at ribbon reel:)