TRR #43

Friday, December 21, 2012

Before I get to a little, holiday tag, I just want to take a minute to say thank you ever so much for all your precious comments and emails about my Dad.  Your support and prayers mean so much to me!  He made it home safely and uneventfully for the most part.  My Mom got him settled in where he has easy access to the shower, television, and his recliner, because that's where he seems most comfortable right now.  He's still in a lot of pain and discomfort, but he sounded so good yesterday.  Poor thing just wants to do what he's always done, which is pretty much always go.  He'll get there, though.  One day at a time ;).

So, I had this idea for a little tag in my mind and just couldn't move on to anything else, until I got it out ;).  Hope you like it!
I started this tag by ink distressing the edges of a die cut, Kraft, cardstock tag; stamping it, in Old Olive ink, with the pine trees and, in White ink, with the snowflakes; anchoring the torn, vellum layers, across the bottom, with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches, tied off, to the front of the tag, at either end; and tucking in a trio of snowflake sequins.
I then adhered a die cut, felt snowflake in the top center of the design and topped it with a kraft, typography, number 25, which I dressed up with a little glitter.  Finally, I laced the tag with a little Baker's Twine and embellished it with a gingham ribbon, tied in a bow and topped with a red button, laced with a hemp twine bow.
Inspiration for this tag came from The Ribbon Reel's Challenge #43: Nordic Noel.
I'm also just thrilled to share that this card was featured for create:'s December CARDS Challenge, and this one put me in the Spotlight at City Crafter Challenge Blog.  Thank you ever so much to all those who made said such possible!  I'm absolutely honored!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll try to pop in tomorrow to share a little of what's been going on, behind the scenes, in my neck of the woods.  Until then, have a truly wonderful weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Iconic Christmas (Wplus9) Paper: Kraft (Wplus9); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: White & Old Olive (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Simple Snowflake die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provocraft); kraft typography number (Maya Road); red button (Blumenthal Lansing); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); felt (Scrapbook Page); snowflake sequins (JBS)

12 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Cute tag, love the little snowdrifts. Glad to hear that you dad is settled and on the way to recovery!

glorygirl said...

Great news about your dad! Love those vellum layers on the tag!

Lisa said...

So happy to hear he's home Jinny! What a sweet little tag this is, I love felt snowflakes!!

Tracy said...

I don't know why I don't use felt more cause I always love the way it looks on projects. The vellum looks fantastic too. Super cute tag Jinny! Glad to hear your Dad made it home. Being still is always the hardest thing for those go getter men. Hope he follows the doctors orders and takes it easy. I'll keep him on my prayer list. Hugs!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that felt snowflake!!!!! WOW!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so very cute!!!!

Sharon Fritchey said...

Good Morning Jinny! I want to thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Yours is awesome! I LOVE your beautiful tag - the snowflake looks awesome! Merry Christmas to you and your family. I will say healing prayers for your dad!

Annette said...

congratulations on being featured...your tag is totally gorgeous..love the big snowflake..

Michelle said...

Such a perfectly lovely Christams tag, Jinny! Beautiful snowflakes! Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel!

Jeanne J said...

So pretty Jinny! I love those snowflakes nestled in the pretty layers of torn vellum. I am glad your dad is home for the holidays and with you all the best! Merry Christmas!

Maria said...

Very pretty Christmas tag, Jinny! Glad your Dad made it home for the holidays! I wish for him a speedy recovery! Hope you and family had a wonderful Christmas, hugs!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a gorgeous tag!! Congratulations on your "Spotlight"!! So well deserved!! Praying for your dad as he recovers. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/