Three in One

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hey, y'all!  You may remember the card drive I did for my friend Molly back here.  Well, I just wanted to stop in here today to share the sweet, little thank yous that I created for all those who took the time to bless Molly with not only their talents, but also precious, penned notes of encouragement and love.  Actually, I ran out of paper to duplicate this same design.  So, a small handful got a different thank you ;).  But I so appreciate all of you who participated and apologize for it taking so long for me to get these thank yous out to you.  The summer just got away from me!  Without further adieu, here they are.
I started this card by piecing together the black and white stripe and damask patterned papers; trimming their center with a punched, across its bottom edge, strip of glitter paper; framing them with a piece of Basic Black cardstock; and machine stitching, with black-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around their edges.
I then wrapped the prepped piece, just above the glitter strip, with a length of white seam binding ribbon; tied it, in a bow, near the right edge of the prepped piece; and embellished its center with a lone pearl, before adhering the entire thing, with foam tape, to the white, cardstock, card face.
The silhouette image, as well as the "SO VERY thankful" sentiment, was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a white, cardstock, die cut label and adhered, with foam tape, just to the left of the embellished bow.
A die cut and embossed, Melon Mambo, cardstock butterfly, whose center was dressed up with a little pearl, completes the look.
Inspiration for these thank yous came from Moxie Fab World's Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge, Papercraft Star's Challenge 111: Something Girly, and The Ribbon Reel's Challenge #36: Vintage.
Thanks so much for humoring me with a visit!  I hope you're having a fun and restful Saturday and that the rest of your weekend just gets better and better.  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Pretty Patches: Apple - sentiment (Wplus9); Boy Girl Silhouette Heads (Jenni Bowlin) Paper: White (Wplus9); Basic Black, Melon Mambo, & glitter (SU); black stripe & damask (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Jet Black (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Labels Ten Nestabilities die (Spellbinders); Beautiful Wings Embosslits (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); small pearl (Paper Studio); large pearl (Recollections); seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Edger punch (EK Success)

23 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Jinny!! I love love love the colors and loving that silhouette!!!!!

Maureen said...

so lovely, Jinny AND so thoughtful :)

Lynn said...

Hi Jinny. So absolutely beautiful and kind of you to send out thank yous. Feels soft and serene.

Stephanie said...

I love it!! Beautiful colors, and that silhouette is darling!

♥Jan♥ said...

What, no twine in a bow with a button ? You seriously threw me off, girl ! This is just the perfect "girly" card I think, and what a throw back with the bangs in such a straight line, lol. Miss you bunches !! Hugs ! -J-

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jinny, I love your design and that sweet pink butterfly! So happy to see your card this week at the Papercraft Star for the "something girly" challenge. Hugs to you and have a lovely weekend.

Lisa said...

This is adorable Jinny! Love the tiny pink butterfly in her hair! Blessings on your weekend!

Ros Crawford said...

How very beautiful and elegant this is ... So lovely to have you join us this week at Papercraft Star ... Miss you!

Jennifer said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Very sweet of you too... =)

Pauline said...

So beautiful and elegant Jinny, I love the pop of pink with the little butterfly in her hair. Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Shannon White said...

Such Fabulous Thanks you cards!! Wowie Jinny! So Pretty Pretty! 8-) Love the Lovely dp's, sparkle and Beautiful silhouettes too! Very Elegant! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

P.S. I received my package today!! Yay! So exciting!! Can't wait to break into these Fab dps and Terrific CS! My Sweet friend Kim says they are the best! Thank you Sooo much!! 8-)

Annette said...

seriously so beautiful...

Maria said...

So so lovely! Sweet silhouette with that tiny pink butterfly! A perfect take on the challenge! Take care, hugs!

Sleepy Stamper said...

JINNY! So happy to see your "girly" card! I love how elegant it looks and that sweet butterfly . You know we love your projects over at the Papercraft Star!

Big Hugs,
Anitra

Anonymous said...

I LOVED getting your card in my mailbox and I was sooo surprised too! I'm always the one sending out cards, and don't get too many in return! AND, I never thought to turn the card inside out to protect the embellishments - now I do! It is BEAUTIFUL! Becky

Cheryl said...

Oh gosh! This is so beautiful! I love everything about this card, especially the pop of red.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

BEAUTIFUL! I LOOOOOOOOVE the striped paper and that silhouette! GORGEOUS X10:) That's really sweet of you to create these for all of your friends who blessed Molly! I think of her often!!! Hope she is doing well. HUGS:)

Helen said...

Aww, Jinny this is totally fabulous!! I love the background, zig-zag stitching and the beautiful silhouette with the pretty pink butterfly in her hair. Such elegance - thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this time x x

Chris D. said...

Wow! Gorgeous card!

Cath said...

Hey Jinnie! Thanks for linking this up to the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I am proud to own this Jinny Newlin original...it sits proudly on my living room book case, and I love it.

I'm also excited to see you won at MFW with it! Congrats, Jinny!

donna mikasa said...

Such a beauty, Jinny! I love the pop of red!
Congrats on your deserving win at Moxie Fab World!

Dana Nelson said...

Wow!! I have another challenge-winning card of yours!! I feel so blessed! ;)